Fire Code Friday: Inspections
by Stacey Simmons
If the fire marshal showed up today, would your building comply with Life Safety Code (NFPA 101)? Things to look for:
- floor space on both sides of opening is clear.
- latching/locking devices do not require keys, tools, or special knowledge.
- one releasing operation per door leaf.
- releasing hardware is installed 34-48″ above the floor.
- door closers meet speed requirements for accessibility.
- security devices impeding egress are not present.
Contact us to review any questions or concerns you may have!