Healthy and Hands-Free Hardware Solutions
by Stacey Simmons
|“Healthy hardware” isn’t new but it’s getting a lot of attention lately. We’re here to help navigate the best solutions for your building’s needs. Below are some great products to consider.|
- Silver-based plating process that helps inhibit growth of bacteria, mold and mildew.
- Permanent part of the finish; cannot be added after the hardware is installed.
- EPA and FDA approved for use on medical and food preparation equipment.
- Available in cylindrical locks, mortise locks, pull handles, exit devices and more.
- When cleaned regularly, uncoated copper alloy surfaces kill 99.9% of many bacteria (including E. coli, MRSA, Staphylococcus and more) within 2 hours of exposure.
- Continues to kill bacteria for the life of the product
- Looks like stainless steel to match other hardware
- Available in door pulls, push plates, exit devices, mortise locks and more.
- Allows tenants and visitors to open doors with minimal or no touching
- Can be retrofitted to work with existing door hardware
- Includes foot pulls, motion sensors and more
- Allows tenants and visitors to open doors hands-free
- Meets ADA standards and fire code
- Can be integrated with access control to work with fobs