Are You Ready For Fire Inspection?
- Labels must be visible and legible
- No open holes or breaks in surface of door or frame
- Glazing, lite frames, glazing beads (if present) intact and securely fastened
- Door, frame, hinges and hardware are secure, aligned, in working order, with no damage or missing parts
- Clearances between door edge and frame, measured on the pull side, within allowable limits
- Self-closing device is operational and active door closes when operated from the full open position
- Latching hardware operates and securely latches door in closed position
- No field modifications performed that void the label or interfere with operation
- Gasketing, where required, is present and intact
- Signage on door does not exceed 5% of the area of the face of the door & is attached with adhesive – no hardware
Still have questions? Do you see a condition that your building doesn't meet? Call us ASAP to rectify the situation! You can also follow FedLock on Facebook and Twitter, where each week we have Fire Code Friday and discuss a portion of Fire Code or Life Safety Code in more detail.